IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Personal data we collect about you
When you make purchases from Purple Computer.co.uk (including purchases made on any device, over the phone, or via this Website) we may collect the following personal data about you:
- your name and sex;
- your billing and delivery postal addresses, phone (including mobile phone), fax and e-mail details
- where you have registered with us, your user name and password;
- where you place an order with us, your payment card details;
- your communication and shopping preferences;
- your browsing and shopping activities.
How we may store and use your information
- to make this Website available to you and to provide you with content which is tailored to your individual tastes;
- to maintain any registered account that you hold with us;
- with your agreement, to contact you (including by SMS, push and e-mail) about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you;
- for customer satisfaction and market research purposes;
- to provide our goods and services to you and for associate purposes, including verifying your identity;
- for research, analysis, testing, monitoring, risk management and administrative purposes; and
- for any related purposes, or where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (including for crime and fraud prevention and related purposes).
We will not disclose, sell or rent your personal data to any third party, save for any disclosures of your personal data detailed in this policy.
Please note that whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal data that you provide to us, no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the Internet to us.
If you are using a computer or terminal in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session for your security. In addition we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety:
Keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
When creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your password.
Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
We will never ask you to confirm any account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from Purple Computer.co.uk asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.